Backing up your server is a crucial task when you’re a server owner. If anything bad happens to your server, such as griefing and/or unintentional actions, you’ll be able to revert those changes. In this article, we’ll give you a quick and easy explanation of how to create backups for your server within the Game Panel.
- Make sure you have allocated backups to your server, you can do so in the Client Panel.
- Head over to the Game Panel.
- Click on your server.
- Click on “Backups” at the top of the page.
- Click on “Create backup” at the bottom right of the page.
- Insert a name into the “Backup name” field.
- If needed, you can exclude any files/folders by inserting their name into the “Ignored files & directories” field, you can also use wildcards, refer to the table below to learn how.
|*||Replaces any number of characters||•
|?||Replaces a single character||F
|||Specifies a set of characters to match,
Make sure to type every path, directory, filename or folder name on a separate line.
- You can choose to lock the backup, locking it will prevent the backup from being unintentionally deleted by a user, you can always unlock it later.
That’s it! Your backup has been created!
You can also delete, restore and download the backup to your device by clicking the 3 dots to the right of the backup!