A Guide to Creating Backups
Backing up your server is a crucial task when you’re a server owner. If anything bad happens to your server, such as griefing and/or unintentional actions, you’ll be able to revert those changes. In this article, we’ll give you a quick and easy explanation of how to create backups for your server within the Game Panel.
- Log in to the Game Panel, then choose a server.
- Navigate to the “Backups” tab.
- Click on “Create backup”.
- Insert a name into the “Backup name” field.
If needed, you can exclude any files or folders by inserting their names into the “Ignored files & directories” field. You can also use wildcards. Please refer to the table below:
Wildcard Function Example * Replaces any number of characters •
*.jarexcludes all .jar files
/home/container/plugins/*excludes all folders/files in the “plugins” directory
*avaexcludes all fles/folders that ends with “ava”
? Replaces a single character F
?ile = F
ole / F
ile / F
ale / F
ele / F
 Specifies a set of characters to match,
-specifies a range of consecutive characters
[1-3]= folder1 / folder2 / folder3
If you wish to exclude multiple files or folders, you must type them on separate lines.
- You can choose to lock the backup. Locking it will prevent the backup from being unintentionally deleted by a user. You can always unlock it later.
- Click on “Start Backup”.
You can also delete, restore, and download the backup to your device by clicking the 3 dots to the right of the backup!